Thursday, March 8, 2007

Daily Study...Spring Greens


7x5 pastel La Carte paper

I ventured outside today with a small box of pastels, a stool and pastel paper. I have been admiring this tree for the past few days with it's spring green colors. I spent about 30 minutes on this small study...it's not the best, but it felt good to be outside in the warmer weather. I kept having to deal with the sun going behind the clouds and the light changing. I mainly used Giraults and a few Nupastels and one green Towndsend that I love...it's nice and chunky. This experience made me realize that to work fast outside or plein air as it's called by artist, I will need to redo my box and add the larger, softer and chunkier pastels. I think I'll replace most of these with some of my Ludwigs and Unisons.

My youngest daughter is home from school today sick...she has a doctors appointment this afternoon and my oldest daughter is coming home from college tomorrow, so I don't know if I will get much time to paint...all depends on their schedules.

No comments: