Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Daily Study...Calla Lily

7x5 pastel on Wallis

Janet, thanks for letting me borrow your photograph of this lily! I liked how the background was just blurred enough to make it abstract looking. I spent about a hour on this study today...it still needs some tweaking, but I wanted to go ahead and post what I had done so far. It's not a good picture...it's a cloudy day, so I had to try and set up some good lighting. If it's sunny tomorrow, I will take it outside.

Here is a picture of my drafting table with two lights shining in the middle. This did help somewhat. The top picture is the actual photo and the bottom is my pastel. Any suggestions on how to take a good photo inside on a cloudy day?

2 comments:

JSGrey said...

i like that alot..thanks for using my picture...

Debbie said...

I'm in the flower mood, so I'm sure I will be looking thru your gallery again!