Thursday, January 26, 2012

a few steps...

 I thought I would post how I start a painting...even tho this one went in the trash.  Here's my pochade box sitting on the island in my kitchen...with the still life I attempted to paint.  In the bottom left hand corner is a purple disposable glove...I always wear a glove on my left hand to help keep my hand clean that is holding my paper towel/napkin.  I have started saving the paper napkins that I don't use when I go to a restaurant...no since in throwing them away unused...that is such a waste.
 This is a view finder...it helps me to determine my composition....it is especially useful when I go outside to paint and there is so much around me.
 This little hole is for isolating color...I close one eye and look thru the hole to help determine the correct color, temperature (warm or cool) and value...it's a great tool.
The only thing I liked about this painting is the color my water was after I attempted to paint these lemons...it's a nice shade of turquoise...I actually didn't want to pour it out!

No comments: