Friday, January 20, 2012

cigar pochade box...made for less than $8.00

 I bought this cigar box a few years ago at a tobacco store for 5 bucks.
 I hot glued wine corks in the corners to support my removable palette.
 This is what the hinge looks like after I attached it to the box...works perfect.
 I'm able to carry everything I need in the bottom of the box...except my water container.
 DH cut the removable palette for me out of an old piece of plexiglass I don't use anymore.
I can carry this box anywhere...I can use it in my lap in the car...here I have set it on our kitchen table....I plan on painting the tulips in the background.  Oh, I will be using a piece of disposable palette paper or freezer paper cut to size on the plexiglass...I hate clean to clean up.  One more thing, the piece of orange tinted watercolor paper is 6x6.

No comments: