Thursday, January 1, 2009

happy new year!

I see this owl down by the creek almost everyday...this is the first time I've been able to run back to the house and get my camera and he's still there when I return.   

Update:  An owl attacked one of the white hens on Saturday...I think it was this one.  Luckily, I was able to get out there and stop him before he killed her.  We covered their yard area that afternoon.  I no longer like owls!!!  BTW, the hen is now in the freezer...I don't think I will be able to eat her.  DH plans on processing at least 5 more whites this weekend.  Kris took all kinds of pictures on Saturday and thought the whole process was "cool."  I couldn't go out there...I think DH is on his own when it comes to processing these chickens...I spend a lot of time taking care of them. 

No comments: