Thursday, October 30, 2008

lunch sketches

I'm trying to get myself back in the habit of sketching while I eat lunch...DH will be happy to know that I am sitting at the table and not stand at the island gobbling down my food. This little boy was sitting on a pumpkin, holding a big zucchini squash...I didn't get time to sketch the pumpkins in...I'm trying to get the sketch on paper in the amount of time it takes me to eat my lunch...the angle of his head was giving me trouble. sketched this yesterday from a farm blog.
I hate the pen I used for this sketch...I won't be picking that pen again...I sketched this picture from a chicken magazine I bought Saturday at the feed store in Arcola...we went there to look around during their trade days. I was so annoyed with this pen, I sat there sketching even after I finished my lunch...sketched this Tuesday.
I sketched this today from the newspaper...she was sitting on a purple couch and I'm not sure what that dress/shirt is she is wearing. I don't have a lot of time right now to paint, so you will probably see a lot of my lunch time sketches. I'm trying to read as much as I can about raising chickens and keeping up with my domestic chores.

No comments: