Sunday, September 6, 2009

"green house"

We watch Renovation Nation every week on the Planet Green channel. Last week there was a house from Houston on the show. I couldn't believe it, so yesterday DH and I drove into Houston and found the house...it's mostly glass and metal...even the garage doors are solid glass. I wish I would have taken a picture from that side of the house, but I didn't want to draw attention to myself. It has solar panels on the roof and since it has so much glass, they get a lot of natural lighting. I wouldn't want to live in a house like this, it's too contemporary, but it was interesting to see. Afterwards, we went to Whole Foods and did a little shopping...it was just a couple of blocks from this house on Kirby. I wish we had a Whole Foods close to us!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Lucky you getting to shop at Whole Foods. I wish we'd get one closer to us, too. I'd so be there all the time:-)