Wednesday, June 11, 2008

watercolor sketches



I'm trying to get back into doing watercolor sketches on a daily basis.
Nuts and Seeds Keep You Young.

Healthy and appetizing, nuts and seeds are absolutely the best snack of the bunch. Helping yourself to a handful of nuts and seeds every day can improve circulation and muscle tone.
And nuts and seeds are especially full of arginine, an amino acid that helps to combat heart disease, impotence, infertility, and high blood pressure, and it also facilitates the healing process. Additionally, arginine can stimulate the pituitary gland at the base of the brain.
The pituitary releases growth hormones, which begin to decline quickly in humans after age 35. This means that after 35, your hormones start to plunge and you experience some aging symptoms. The skin loses elasticity, the muscle loses mass and strength, the lean body tissue decreases, fertility and virility decrease, and other signs of aging start to set in.
Many nuts and seeds are rich sources of vitamin E, lignants and omega-3 fatty acids, which protect you from heart disease and also from the ravages of aging.Almonds, pine nuts, sesame seeds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, peanuts, and pistachios: mix them in any combination and enjoy! Keep in mind that there are more nutrients in the raw form than roasted. Make sure that the nuts and seeds are fresh and not old and rancid. I read this online this morning.


Monday night I ripped open my heal on some boards in the garage, so I won't be painting in oils this week...I need to stay off my foot as much as possible. It's so weird that it looks just like K's heal when she ripped hers open a few years ago. DH thinks I need stitches, but I refused because K did and the day they were removed she ripped it back open that night. All I did to her after that was put steri-tape on it to hold it closed, so that's what I'm doing for mine.

No comments: