Thursday, April 19, 2007

Figure Study...male torso


I have been working on the human figure in graphite and charcoal focusing on getting the right proportions. I didn't want to offend anyone, so I took the picture without his private parts showing. I'm hoping to start a 10 week life drawing session in the fall, so I need lots of practice right now. In life drawing you have to be able to work quickly. My goals at the moment are to sketch people from life at least once a week...yesterday I went to Barnes & Noble (before I ate lunch with my sister) and did a quick 5 minute sketch of a man sitting at a table and today, I did another quick sketch of a girl sitting at a computer in the library. I plan on painting a oil study once a week outside...today I did a quick pencil composition sketch of a barn across the street, so hopefully I will paint it in the next few days and I'm still working with pastels inside. Phew, lots to do!

No comments: